Our yard is like a water reservoir. Sometimes people need water faster than it gets into the reservoir, and sometimes the reservoir fills up quicker than the water is used. This also applies to the yard, except that our stock needs to cure and meet industry standards before we can let it out.
We need to manage the way that we take stock into the yard and how we let it out whilst minimizing handling and damage to the stock.
This person will also be responsible for Security, the Garden and the Recycling of Rubbish.
- Yard Layout and Capacity
To assist in this process, we must give them guidelines and standards. These include:
- Standards Applicable
- Processes & Procedures
- Values and Principles
- Measurement & Reporting
- Good teamwork skills,
- Managerial skills i.e. managing a team of more than 20 people,
- Time management,
- Interpersonal skills,
- Verbal and written communication skills,
- Consciousness and continued striving to do good and improve systems.
- Health and safety skills and knowledge,
- Microsoft Office competent.
- 5 years or more experience in a managers role,
- Working in a concrete environment a benefit,
- Diploma/Degree preferred in warehousing and distribution,
- Knowledge and Experience of working with the Disciplinary code,
- Recycling experience a benefit,
- Experience and a love for gardening a benefit.