The Sales Representative will be responsible for managing and selling the company’s range of products within an allocated geographical area. They will be responsible to sell to the Industrial, Commercial. Government channel & Domestic Market.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Call on and build relationships with the Industrial, Commercial, Government channel & Domestic Market which will include Architects, Engineers and other professionals, Contractors and sub-contractors as well as private individuals.
- Be interested and pro-active in their own personal development.
- Understand the market and how the different stakeholders interact.
- Call on sites in their geographical allocated area and provide feedback.
- Establish new business through leads and new sites.
- Specify Products and Position on Bill of Tender Documents.
- Secure Orders.
- Promote the Company as the preferred supplier.
- Provide Technical support to the Industrial, Commercial & Domestic Market.
- Supply Pricing and Quotes.
- Follow up on quotes.
- Follow up and provide feedback on leads provided by the Specifiers.
- Be accountable for leads in their geographical area and provide feedback on leads in their area.
- Communicate leads to colleagues in other geographical areas where appropriate.
- Play a leadership role to the Sales Team.
- Weekly sales reporting.
- Collecting & collating of market intelligence.
- Reporting on data to management and proposing strategies.
- Remain abreast of progress of orders until completion.
- Maintain Customer Data Files.
- Monitor Progress of orders and provide regular feedback to the General Manager.
Education & Skills
- Matric with a good mathematical literacy result.
- Sales / Marketing diploma.
- Technical acumen.
- People Interaction skills.
- Microsoft Proficient.
- Understand the Call cycle and Products.
- CRM experience would be an advantage.
- Have worked in a structured environment that required measurement and reporting and included systems and processes.
- Have worked in a position where technical product knowledge and the transfer of this knowledge to customers was required.
- Own insured vehicle and a valid driver’s licence.
- Well spoken.
- English or Afrikaans, an African Language would be advantageous
- Professional appearance.
- High levels of integrity.
- Proactive and energetic.
- Must be prepared to travel regularly to the distant towns of North West Province on a bimonthly basis.