Looking for energetic External Sales people who have knowledge and experience with technical pre-cast concrete products or construction industry experience, young professional such as civil engineers, QS’s, Draughtspeople who are considering a different path to their career.
Lightning strikes when the conditions are conducive.
The company is based in Port Elizabeth and supplies pre-cast concrete products. The Sales Representative plays a key role in facilitating that the customer has a valid perception of the value of our products whether the customer is a developer, architect, engineer, contracts director, installer or private person. The representative will dedicate time and energy to finding the customers and facilitating the lightning strike in the mind of the customer within an allocated geographical area. They will be responsible to sell to the Industrial, Commercial. Government channel & Domestic Market.
Key Lightning Strike conducive conditions:
- Call on and build relationships with the Industrial, Commercial, Government channel & Domestic Market which will include Architects, Engineers and other professionals, Contractors and sub-contractors as well as private individuals, bringing relevant products to the different markets, assisting with design criteria and quality needs according to the SANS production standards and SANJ installation standards.
- Be interested and pro-active in their own personal development.
- Understand the market and how the different stakeholders interact.
- Call on sites in their geographical allocated area and provide feedback.
- Establish new business through leads and new sites.
- Specify Products and Position on Bill of Tender Documents.
- Secure Orders.
- Promote the Company as the preferred supplier.
- Provide Technical support to the Industrial, Commercial & Domestic Market.
- Supply Pricing and Quotes.
- Follow up on quotes.
- Follow up and provide feedback on leads provided by the Specifiers.
- Be accountable for leads in their geographical area and provide feedback on leads in their area.
- Communicate leads to colleagues in other geographical areas where appropriate.
- Weekly sales reporting.
- Collecting & collating of market intelligence.
- Reporting on data to management and proposing strategies.
- Remain abreast of progress of orders until completion.
- Maintain Customer Data Files.
- Monitor Progress of orders and provide regular feedback to the General Manager.
Education & Skills
- Matric with a good mathematical literacy result.
- Technical acumen.
- People Interaction skills.
- Microsoft Proficient.
- A technical qualification.
- Have worked in a structured environment that required measurement and reporting and included systems and processes.
- Have worked in a position where technical product knowledge and the transfer of this knowledge was required.
- Own insured vehicle and a valid driver’s licence.
- Well spoken.
- English or Afrikaans, an African Language would be advantageous
- Professional appearance.
- High levels of integrity.
- Proactive and energetic.