Lightning strikes when the conditions are conducive.
The Office Bound Sales Support team facilitates conducive conditions by providing support to the Sales team by being in close contact with our customers and our reps ensuring that delivery dates of orders are correct on our system and that the deliveries are scheduled and go out on time, by ensuring that production knows what has to be produced by when, ensuring that the stock in yard matches stock on the system so that information provided to the customer is honest and reliable. That what the customer experiences is in alignment with the brand promise and story.
The retail channel can be costly if attention is not paid to detail. The customers buying are very systems driven. Should orders or invoices not be processed correctly, then we will not be paid on time and the customer’s experience will not be one they would like to repeat. The person doing sales support must be able to understand how these systems work, pay attention to detail and have good communication skills to communicate with the finance department as well as with our customers. This person should be content with being stuck behind a desk in the office and work an 8am to 5pm job. The person should also be able to work well with others and help create a pleasant environment in the admin office. Previous accounting and admin experience would be a benefit.
Daily/weekly focus points:
o Assist the Key Accounts Manager and Merchandiser and their customers telephonically with all queries\quotations.
o Transport schedule for the next day.
– Make line notes on each order, with every change so we build up a history on the CRM System.
o Transport schedule for 2 days in advance.
o Reserve stock for Key Accounts Manager and Merchandiser when required.
o Print and distribute weekly sales report fro the production meeting and Sales Manager.
o Specify on the Sales Report what products are urgent for the production meeting.
o Assist resellers telephonically and with queries and quotations
o Manage the cell phone and WhatsApp groups.
o Manage and update the Return book.
o Manage and update the Site complaint & NCR reports.
o Assist with other duties when other sales support are not here.
o Check all credit and refund request before giving it to the Sales Manager to sign off.
o Take full responsibility of the overdue orders report.
– No orders can sit in the past.
– Update orders on a weekly basis.
– Make line notes on each order with every change so we build up a history on the CRM system.
In addition you will be expected to:
- Answer the switchboard when needed.
- Liaise with the Debtors dept with regard to outstanding payments for orders delivered and request for credit processing.
- Matric – must have a competent Mathematical Literacy pass rate.
- MS Office Competent. (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Administration Certificate.
- Fluent in English and competent in a second language.
- CRM experience would be an advantage.
- Must have stable record of employment in a position where computer work on Word and Excel was part of the day.
- Must have worked in a service industry where interaction and follow up with customers was a daily task.
- Must have worked in a structured environement where ownership of tasks has been expected and deadlines met.