Lightning strikes when conditions are conducive.
The receptionist is the first point of contact, the first impression a customer will get when contacting us. The receptionist’s role in being part of creating the conducive conditions so that the value and experience strikes in the customer’s mind is to ensure that this initial meeting is professional, warm and competent. It is important to answer all incoming calls speedily and warmly and ensure that the calls are directed correctly and swiftly.
Key Conducive Conditions:
- Have a clear, understandable telephone voice.
- Be fluent in one language and competent in a second language.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Be interested in your own development.
- Answer the phone within 3 rings.
- Be able to work under pressure without losing one’s professional and interested demeanour.
- Be able to think on your feet.
- Ensure that your equipment is working at 100% efficiency daily.
- Customer and Office administration.
- Only make promises that align with reality.
- Implement the promises you make.
Skill and Experience:
- Matric with Math Literacy.
- MS Office competent.
- Switchboard experience.
- Office Administration experience.