Manufacturing concern in Midrand seeks a management accountant with a relevant degree. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years proven experience as a management accountant and an upwardly mobile path that got them there. They will be at the top of their game because they want to service their customer base by knowing that the ERP stock matches warehouse stock and that the costs are real per product and correctly related to the selling prices. Their personality will be engaging but firm at all levels. A market related CTC is on offer.
Key Performance Areas:
- Implement and ensure adherence to proper cost accounting principles, procedures and internal controls & maintain and improve costing processes associated with manufacturing and inventory.
- Manage the set-up and maintenance of the cost of production components, WIP and finished goods (including overhead recoveries), maintenance spares, selling prices, discounts as well as ensuring the validity and accuracy of the inventory master and production BOM’s.
- Prepare and present various relevant financial reports related to sales, manufacturing costs and inventory incl. explanations of waste, yields, efficiencies and variances which enables management to make timeous decisions.
- Ensure stock is captured accurately and on time, waste is measured properly and all variances can be explained in all factories.
- System management of total inventory, which includes raw materials, WIP, finished goods, obsolete/rejected and returnable stock as well as management of the monthly physical stock take.
- Perform month end close activities related to inventory and cost accounting.
- Provide support in the form of accurate and timeous costings and analysis to all relevant areas of the business.
- Lead the annual budgeting process in delivering a proper budget on time as well as providing accurate forecasting on a regular basis. Responsible for the calculation of sales and cost of sales (throughput) w.r.t. forecasting and annual budgeting.
- Perform any other ad-hoc finance related tasks assigned from time to time.
- Excel, Word
- BOM Experience – Several parts and multi-layered.
- Management Accounting and Costing.
- Write, Report and Present
- Relevant degree.
- TOC Advantageous.
- At least 5 years experience in costing in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 years in a similar function.
- Understanding of what Controls are and how to get them to work.
- Seen failures in costing processes and explain how these were fixed.
- Driven collection of relevant info through others.
- Objective reporting with the intention of informing and enabling (present).
- Proven history of ensuring on-time capturing of transactions/data.
- Managing stock takes of several SKU’s and connect what is in the warehouse to what is on the ERP.
- Involved as a team player in the budgeting process.
- Demonstrated connection to customers – understand impact on them of e.g. inaccurate stock.