Lightning strikes when conditions are conducive.
The Key Accounts manager needs to create the conducive conditions in the Hardware industry.
The conditions the Key Accounts Manager needs to create:
- The merchandisers are stocking our product.
- The product the merchandisers are stocking are relevant and meet the SANS quality standards.
- The pricing by the Merchandiser is fair to the customer and the supplier.
- That the product is displayed by the merchandiser to facilitate the value strike in the customers mind.
- Train the Merchandiser’s customer relations people to give the customer the correct information about the product – it’s quality, design features, installation requirements, etc.
- Respond timeously and with the correct knowledge to the Merchandiser.
- Only make promises that are real and will be followed through on.
Skills and Experience:
- At least a Matric with mathematics as a subject.
- Some technical acumen.
- Some knowledge of Commercial Law.
- Microsoft Office competent – MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Have worked with a CRM system will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing properly.
- Experience in the Retail Channel – dealing with Buyers.
- Experience in negotiating pricing with merchandisers.
- Have trained and shared knowledge with the Merchandiser’s Front Desk staff.
- Be a tough negotiator.