When manufacturing with Concrete there are a number of key concepts that have to be 100% correct in order to produce high quality product, in this case pre-cast concrete kerbs.
The Foreman leading a team in manufacturing this product must be able to and want to hold these concepts in his thinking everyday because he wants the product being manufactured in his plant to be the best quality, waste percentages to be low, his plant to be clean and tidy and always running to design. To do this he also needs to share his knowledge with his team ensuring that they understand their task in the team and are willing participants in the process.
Critical Success Factors:
- Continuously monitor the batching site for accuracy and performance.
- Monitor plant and equipment availability.
- Understand the kerb making machine and its settings.
- Understand which packing material is used for what.
- Quality control and assurance tenaciousness.
- Health and Safety diligence.
- Accurate and relevant record keeping and measurements.
- Be a Leader for your Team.
Be interested in your own development as a Human Being
- Microsoft Office Competent! (Word; Excel; Outlook)
- Read and Write in proficient English.
- Communicate proficiently in English.
- Basic IR skills – warnings, etc.
- At least Grade 12 with Math and Science or a Technical Subject.
- Worked in a Production environment with First world quality fully automated plants and equipment.
- Solid record of being accurate, up to date, pleasant, applies thinking to tasks.
- Have enough practical experience to know the difference between 0.1 and 0.01.Concrete experience will be an advantage.
- Have firm supervisory or team leader experience.
- Quality management experience.
- Have had to communicate and work with others in the team such as maintenance.
- Have been responsible for accurate measuring and reporting of production, waste vs budget; and staff.