The shareholders of a leading manufacturer of quality precast concrete products need reliable and objective feedback in order to correctly guide and care for the branch based in Port Elizabeth, Easter Cape.
If you have a track record of proactive leadership, of implementing improved manufacturing efficiencies in continuous operation automated plants while connecting the product to the relevant market in the area and doing all of this with considered and functioning controls and reporting then apply.
You will be expected to:
1. Know the market and the company’s role within it.
2. Understand block making, the applicable SANS standards, and the throughput requirements.
3. Understand and maintain all infrastructure to standards of manufacturer.
4. Build and maintain sound processes, procedures and rhythms to known standards.
5. Maintain and improve the instinct of the business through the above, implementing training and care.
6. Utilise group resources.
7. Measure and report on all relevant aspects of the business.
8. Allocate time to each of the above and follow through.
- A relevant higher education degree or diploma preferably with a post-graduate qualification.
- Understanding of corporate governance and general management best practices.
- Development and implementation of policies and processes.
- Strategic development: Sales and marketing management.
- Understanding and experience in Financial Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of QC and QA measures and management.
- Knowledge and management of health and safety standards.
- Proficient in verbal and written english and afrikaans.
- Microsoft Office competent.
- 7 years senior management experience and a proven track record as a succesful business leader.
- 5 years manufacturing experience.
- Experience in the management of a dedicated maintenance team.
- Experience in management of HR practises, including IR, contracts, skills and development training.