The debtors book represents the portion of everyone’s combined efforts that we have not yet collected. For this reason, the function is critical to actively manage risk, whilst also allowing for growth of the business through constructive customer relationships.
The Debtors clerk position is available with a manufacturing company based in Midrand. This person will be the first team member added to grow the department! With an ERP System upgrade coming soon it will be an exciting time to become an integral part of the team.
SUMMARISED JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Critical tasks include, but are not limited to:
a. Adherence to internal controls.
b. Maintaining accurate and efficient records.
c. Processing transactions timeously and precisely.
d. Critically reviewing credit notes and refunds before accurately processing.
e. Strategically assessing credit applications and going thorough trade references.
f. Maintaining accurate records of credit limits and alternative payment arrangements and legal matters.
g. Building customer relationships and collecting outstanding payments timeously.
h. Working with sales to build, rebuild and maintain customer relationships.
i. Adhering to collections strategies on overdue or high-risk accounts.
j. Reporting on any accounts that are not up to date.
k. Preparing an accurate record of cash flow forecasting versus payments received.
l. Any ad-hoc tasks that can be reasonably expected.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
· Tertiary qualification in finance will be considered favourably.
· Full Microsoft Office literacy.
· Pastel Evolution and / or Syspro experience will be advantageous.
· CGIC and Cregalink experience will be advantageous.
· Background of relevant Credit Control.
· Knowledge of the Credit Act and Legal Collection Procedure.
- Debtor Control experience for 3 years or more.
- Manufacturing background will be advantageous.
- Sound references.
- No criminal records.