This is a full time in office position.
The debtors book represents the portion of everyone’s combined efforts that we have not yet collected. For this reason the function is critical to actively manage risk, whilst also allowing for growth of the business through constructive customer relationships.
To exercise complete control over the Debtors Department, whilst growing constructive customer relationships.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Self management.
- Apply and enforce the group credit control policay and procedures, and relevant Internal Controls.
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly, must be accurate and punctual.
- Must ensure legal compliance
- Engage constructively with management
- Manage the ‘collection’ process (from A-Z) effectively to ensure that customers settle accounts on time, and collections from delinquent customers is maximised.
- Process customers’ credit applications (new customers) and increases in credit limits requested (existing customers) timeously.
- Control of Credit Notes issued.
- Ensure timeous processing of customer payments, counter sales (P.O.S.) receipts, credit notes, customer refunds, cusotmer queries.
- Engage pro-actively with key accounts such as Cashbuild and Build-it.
- Together with the sales team, cultivate and maintain professional, mutually beneficial relationship with customers.
- Manage municipal/govt contracts and cessions.
- Ensure that the administration of our credit insurance policy is up to date at all times.
- Ensure that customer files are properly maintained and up to date at all times (both hard and soft copies).
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in finance or Credit management.
- Full Microsoft Office Literacy.
- Syspro experience will be an advantage.
- CGIC and Cregalink experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Credit Act and Legal Collection Procedures.
- 5-10 years Credit Control experience.
- 2-3 years in a similar role as the advertised position.
- Experience in dealing with key accounts such as Cashbuild, Massmart.
- Manufacturing/ Building Supply experience will be an advantage.